This is how we treat your personal information
Who is responsible for the personal data collected from the Service?
Your personal data is controlled by Floown B.V., a company registered in The Netherlands with registered number 63108593 whose registered office is at Julianastraat 50, 2411CV Bodegraven, The Netherlands.
What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data about you from a variety of sources, such as:
Information we collect directly from you
This is the personal data you provide us when using our Service. For example when you create an account or when you purchase a service from us. This type of information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, date of birth, gender, user generated content, post and other content you submit to our websites and any other information you provide voluntarily to us.
Information we collect from you when using our Service
When you use our application on your mobile device we may also collect information that you provide for example when you request information. We also automatically collect information through our Service. This type of information may include advertising ID or a similar identifier, information about your mobile operating system and the way you use the application. Furthermore, our application may collect information about your actual location from your device if you consent to the collection of this information.
We may use information from a social sign-in using your Google, Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn credentials to create an account or sign-in. This type of information may include your interests, marital status, photos and comments.
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect information from other sources if you have given permission for that information to be shared. For example information from public databases and marketing companies. This type of information may include your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, household information, consumer and market research data, purchase behaviour and preferences and information about your lifestyle such as your hobbies and interests.
Kind of information
Floown may collect and receive the following information:
- Calendar data - As the main type of content of our Service, such as but not exclusively: information regarding time, date, location, participants, title, description, comments, media related to calendar events.
- User content - When creating events, groups or a user profile, you may create or upload user generated content. This may include for example: text, images, videos or other types of files. You may also choose to enter information such as your first- and last name, a profile picture and your phone number. When you create a user account, you are a “user,” as described in more detail in the User Terms of Service at https://floown.com/terms-of-service.
- Billing and other information - For Customers who purchase a paid version of the Service, our corporate affiliates and our third party payment processors may collect and store billing address and credit card information on our behalf.
- Account creation information - Users provide information such as an email address and password to create an account.
- Team setup information - When a Customer creates a team using our Service, we collect an email address, password, a team name and logo and a user name for the individual setting up the team.
- Log data - We will automatically collect information sent by your browser when using our service. This log data may include your IP address, your browser type, language preference and settings, the url you visited before reaching our Service, the date and time you use our Service and cookie data.
- Third party data - Floown might obtain data from affiliates or partners to make our own information more useful. This could be aggregate level information to have insights on our user base or it might be more specific information to find trends and correlations.
A cookie is a small data file that your browser places on your computer or mobile device. The next time you visit the same website or application, cookies ensure that your device is recognized. They are used for several different reasons, such as: remembering your preferences, providing you with content tailored to your interests, assessing how our website is used to improve the overall user experience. Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer or mobile device when you have gone offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
We place some of the cookies on your computer or mobile device ourselves, while other cookies are placed by third parties. Third party cookies belong to and are managed by other parties, such as our business partners or service providers and may collect data outside our Service as well. If you access the Service through your browser, you can manage your cookie settings there but if you disable some or all cookies you may not be able to use the Service.
You give your consent for cookies to be placed and read out on our Service [and associated sub-domains] by clicking “agree” on the cookie notice or by continuing to use the Service. We do not currently recognize or respond to browser-initiated Do Not Track signals.
How do we use this personal data?
We collect your personal data to provide you with the required service or information. The following are examples of how we may use the personal data we collect:
- Provide you with our services, for example to connect you and share your content with other users of the application;
- Anticipate and resolve problems with any services supplied to you;
- Deliver customized content or advertising such as personalized offers for products and services that may be of interest to you;
- Do research and analysis to maintain, protect, develop and improve our Service;
- Participate in our online communities, including our social media channel/pages and blogs;
- Store your preferences for future interactions and communications from us;
- Create external marketing & analytics reports;
- Send you an invoice for our service;
- Prevent illegal activities, suspected fraud and potential threats to our Service.
Will we share your personal data with other parties?
We may also disclose your personal data:
- To our affiliates or subsidiaries.
- If we are legally entitled or required to do so (for example, if required to do so by legal proceedings or for the purposes of detection and prevention of fraud and other crime or as part of a security audit).
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others.
- To any other third party with your prior permission to do so.
How do we protect the personal data?
The collection, use and disclosure of personal data collected through our Service is safeguarded by technological and organisational security measures with the objective to protect the personal data against loss, misuse and unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction. These measures are continually improved in line with technological developments.
We will not retain your personal data for a period longer than necessary to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we have to keep it for legitimate business, tax or legal purposes.
Your privacy rights
You are entitled to know whether we hold personal data about you and, if we do, to have a copy of that information. Furthermore, you can request us to correct, update or delete your personal data in our records and/or inform us about any misuse of your personal data.
In the case of electronic direct marketing, we will provide you with a method to opt out of receiving further marketing materials or with a method to opt in.
You can also delete or change the privacy settings of your account by logging in to your account and accessing your “personal settings”.
You can opt-out of the collection of your personal data by our application by deleting your account. However, please note that we will retain any previous usage information collected from the application for legitimate business purposes, such as to ensure of proper functioning of our Service.
We encourage you to keep your personal settings and personal data current and complete.
Links to other websites
Changes to this policy
How can you contact us?